All couples encounter problems in their relationship at some point in their lives. Some of the time, you will be able to deal with these problems on your own. At other times, friends or family can offer support. But there may be occasions when you prefer to seek help from someone impartial, who can offer a safe space to talk about what is making you unhappy.
You may want to talk about:
- Frequent arguments or bickering
- Lack of communication
- Problems in your sex life
- An affair
- Difficulties with in-laws and the wider family
- Differences in how to bring up children
- Wanting to separate but not knowing where to start
Couple therapy will give you the opportunity to think about your concerns without being blamed or judged. I will help you to listen carefully to each other, so that both of you can feel heard. If your partner is unwilling to come to therapy, you are very welcome to come on your own to discuss the difficulties you may be facing in your relationship.