You may want to talk about:
- Ongoing conflict or hostility between family members
- How to manage the challenges of divorce or separation
- Worries about a child’s behaviour at home or at school
- Difficulties arising in blended families
- Long-standing family patterns that have continued into adulthood
I see my role as encouraging a different type of conversation, where everyone has an opportunity to talk and be properly heard, and where you don’t go round in circles. Families often find the process rewarding, as well as challenging. Sometimes huge shifts can be made in just a few sessions.
Family therapy is open to any group of people who consider themselves to be a family, and I will always leave it for you to decide who comes to any given session. If other family members are unwilling to come to therapy, you are welcome to come on your own to discuss the difficulties you are facing.