Although society is generally more accepting of diverse genders and sexualities, people who identify as LGBTQ+ can often face extra challenges. I have a particular interest in supporting individuals, couples and families who are struggling with these issues.
You may want to talk about:
- Concerns or confusion about your own sexuality or gender identity
- Coming out as LGBTQ+ to families and friends
- Finding out that somebody close to you is LGBTQ+
- Adopting or conceiving a child within a same-sex partnership
- Difficulties arising with co-parents or donors
While my aim is to help clients work towards greater self-acceptance and authenticity, I do this with the awareness that some people struggle if they, or their families, do not conform to the prevailing norms of society. I aim to hold these different perspectives in mind while working on these issues.